It’s Time to Rebel with New Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC
Last week, a few whispers went around the ‘Net regarding a possible new DLC for Mass Effect 3‘s multiplayer mode. Today, EA made the announcement that the Rebellion DLC is in fact, well…fact.
Available starting next week, this DLC will add two new maps, new unlockable characters, new team objectives, and new equipment. Starting on May 29th, Rebellion will be available on Xbox Live and Origin. PlayStation Network players will receive access on May 29th in North America, and May 30th in Europe.
EA has detailed the following content for Rebellion:
- Two new maps become available: Firebase Jade, which is located on the Salarian homeworld of Sur’Kesh, and Firebase Goddess, located on the Asari homeworld of Thessia.
- New Unlockable Characters: there will be six characters, which will include ex-Cerberus Adepts and Vanguards. Also joining the fray will be Vorcha Soldiers and Sentinels, alongside Male Quarians as Engineers and Infiltrators.
- New In-Mission Objective: Like other objectives in current maps, this new objective will randomly occur on either Wave 3, 6, or 10. It will have teams retrieve and escort a high-priority package to a designated extraction point on each map.
- New Gear Slot: Ever wanted to carry a persistent bonus that won’t go away after the end of just one match? BioWare has made your dream come true with this new gear slot and will be offering a variety of items from weapon upgrades to character enhancements. These bonuses will be available through reinforcement packs.
- New Weaponry: If we thought pining after a Black Widow was bad enough, new weapons will be tossed into our little surprise packages in the multiplayer store. New weapons making an appearance will include the Cerberus Harrier, Krysae Sniper Rifle, and Reegar Carbine.
Whether this new DLC will warrant enough excitement to return to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer battle remains to be seen, but we’re interested in eviscerating things in even more ways. Er…we really meant that we just enjoy playing ME3 multiplayer. New weapons are always a plus though.
Or you know, scary Vorcha soldiers.
Via Game Informer.