U.S. Gaming Charts: June 10th – June 16th
This week’s winner is a no-brainer, and we literally mean it. Suda51′s bright pink and peppy zombie killing high school adventure Lollipop Chainsaw debuted at the #1 spot for the Xbox 360 and was followed close behind by the PlayStation 3 version.
Not to be outdone, Diablo III still flexes its muscles, maintaining a firm grip within the Top 5. Thanks to cheerleaders though, the dungeon-crawling adventure slid to #3. The critically acclaimed Gravity Rush debuted on the PS Vita at a respectable #4 spot, pushing Ghost Recon: Future Soldier into the #5.
The usual suspects round out the rest of the charts, including Modern Warfare 3, Max Payne 3, and Battlefield 3. Batman: Arkham City is still trying to find its bearings around Red Dead Redemption as crime on the western frontier clashes with Gotham City.
Brackets denote the previous week’s position.
1. (-) Lollipop Chainsaw (X360)
2. (-) Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3)
3. (1) Diablo III (PC)
4. (-) Gravity Rush (PSV)
5. (2) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (X360)
6. (3) Max Payne 3 (X360)
7. (8) MLB ’12: The Show (PS3)
8. (4) Zumba Fitness 2 (Wii)
9. (6) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (X360)
10. (9) Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Wii)
11. (10) NBA 2K12 (X360)
12. (-) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PSV)
13. (5) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PS3)
14. (-) Gugnir: Mayari no Gunshin to Eiyuu Sensou (PSP)
15. (19) Batman: Arkham City (X360)
16. (16) Red Dead Redemption (X360)
17. (7) Max Payne 3 (PS3)
18. (14) Wii Sports (Wii)
19. (13) Battlefield 3 (X360)
20. (12) Zumba Fitness (X360)
Charts are provided by VG Chartz.