What We’re Playing Wednesday (15/08/2012)
So yeah, it’s not exactly Wednesday anymore, but hey even on a belated Thursday it is interesting to see what the guys and gals on the staff are dipping their toes into when it comes to games. And looking forward from this week, we will probably see a lot more added to those playlists as we ramp up to the start of the busy holiday season.
But enough of my constant ramblings, as we take a look at what we are all playing this week. And don’t forget to jump into the comments and let us know what you think of our gameplay lists and what you are playing on this fine “not exactly Wednesday” Thursday.
- Battlefield 3 (X360) – I flew a helicopter for the first time! It’s damn hard, especially in a six against one match
- MineCraft (Android) – Just picked up the full version for Android and I can see why people love it already
- Triple Town (Android) – Part city builder sim, part RTS, part turn based strategy and totally addictive
- Deadlight (XBLA) – Really interesting style to this game but very short. You can read more in the review ;)
- Darksiders II (X360) – YAY DEATH.
- Ragnarok Violet (iPad) – Umm…this isn’t…er.
- Infinity Blade (iPad) – ‘sup Dark Souls.
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) – Just getting a little classy.
- Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) – I wish journalism was really this cool.
- Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 (PS3) – Please just stop Dan…
- Sleeping Dogs (PC) – We finally get the open world game in Asia that we have been waiting for…as long as you don’t mind some quirkiness
- Death Rally (PC) – A great racing game, if you like your racing games with broken controls and confusing stories.
- Symphony (PC) – This game is a weird mix between Audiosurf and Galaga in the third dimension. Whatever it is, I am enjoying the hell out of it.
- Assassins Creed Revelations (PS3) – I don’t know why I am doing this to myself. I had to push to get through Brotherhood and this one is starting off with its worst foot forward.
- Darksiders II (PC) – Just started in on this one, but so far, I like the new combo system and the addition of loot, although I am not sure how significant it is to the overall game experience..
- Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Wii) – Anissa married (she helps on the farm!), all bells rung, Harvest King summoned, storyline finally finished! Now, for bonus quests & free play farming.
- Tone Sphere (iOS) – It’s become a new default gaming habit. Addicted, can’t wait for new songs!
- Yoga Retreat (Facebook) – Hangin’ with Yoga Cat, pimpin’ out my phatty resort. Haven’t played a FB clicker in ages. Will review this…somehow.
- Hero Academy (iOS) – A little. I fell out of it a bit recently when my icon badge notifications stopped updating. Weirded out by new team, too.