The GGS weekly wrap-up (04/03/13)
Yup, it’s Monday. Again. Ugh. Is it just me or are weekend days getting shorter than their weekday counterparts?
But it’s okay, friend – don’t sweat it! To ease you into the new working week, here’s a brief recap of the latest gaming news, views and reviews to hit the GGS dashboard over the last seven days …
Reviews, previews and features
Laura gave the Monster Hunter 3 demo a whirl, but was left a bit disappointment when she played Ragnarok Odyssey. I dealt with a very different monster – a licensed PIXAR game with fake voices and gameplay so repetitive that the exclamation mark in the game’s title is just insulting: Toy Story Mania!.
Joe H tried to get into an online game long enough to review Special Forces: Team X, as well as checking out Forza Horizon’s latest car pack. He also played some Star Wars Pinball and Dragonball Z Budokai HD. That left Tony to pop some bubbles in Bubble Pop!. Hmm. Yet another forced exclamation …
The other Joe had a Corpse Party – ew – whilst Dan got all retro with the Capcom Arcade Cabinet. He also played Aliens: Colonial Marines and confirmed that is it as crap as everyone says it is. Oh dear.
We gave away Metal Gear Rising: Revengance and Trial Evolution GOLD over on Twitter this week!
In this week’s Community Q we asked you what you thought of in-game micro-transactions. Here’s our pick of your replies!
- New Mythical Pokémon Meloetta Adds Strategic Element, Looks Lovely [3DS]
- Is 8 Games for $4.97/£3.28 YOUR Magic Number? Bundle Stars Deal Goes Live [Indie]
- Wii Mini & New “Nintendo Selects” Selections Keep Wii Classic Alive
- Injustice adds Sinestro and Hawkgirl
- Meet Chief Dunby in LEGO City Undercover webisode 2 –
- Blizzard Announced Worldwide Launch for StarCraft II: Heart of the Storm
- Game Savings Abound in the Annual Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale
- All new EA games to have microtransactions hints CFO
- Remember This: Release Dates & Trailer for Capcom’s “Remember Me”
- Dawnguard available now on the PlayStation store
- Kickstart Your OWN Game Design Dream with “Build a Game”
- The Clock Strikes Meat Night in Painkiller Well Timed DLC
- VIP Season Pass Coming To Gears of War: Judgment
- Will Wright Plays & Judges the New SimCity [Video]
- Become Lara Croft in New Tomb Raider Trailer
- Weaponized Vehicle Arrives in Sleeping Dogs “Wheels of Fury” DLC
- Dead Space, Unfinished Swan make PlayStation All-Stars debut in these screens
- Surgery Simulator 2013 Approved for Steam Distribution
- You Talkin’ to Me? Speech Graphics to Develop Facial Animation Tech for Mobile Devices
- Teasure Trove of Artwork & Screens for ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2 [PS3]
- 2013 Eurogamer Expo tickets on sale now
- Flying the (Black) Flag – the next Assassin’s Creed
- Metro: Last Light turns on this May
- Sony shows off PS4′s interface
- Dafoe joins cast of Beyond: Two Souls
- Want to See a 2-Hour Documentary on the Rise of the British Video Games Industry?
- Deadfall Adventures Shows off in a New Trailer
- “LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes” Hits Wii U This Spring [Release Window]
- My My, The Witcher 3 Does Clean Up Nicely
- New Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance DLC Incoming
- Sonic Dash Confirmed For Mobiles
Goofy Gaming Scribble