European Pokémon Championship Dates Confirmed
Pokémon trainers, it’s time for you start some serious training as The Pokémon Company have announced the dates for the next European Championship tournament.
Held in three major cities across the continent, players of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to take part with the chance to visit the World Championship in Canada up for grabs.
The dates and locations are as follows:
· April 19–22: Video Game Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge April
· May 11–12: Video Game and TCG Live Event: Italy, Milan, Mediolanum Forum
· May 25–26: Video Game and TCG Live Event: Germany, Bochum, RuhrCongress Bochum
· June 1–2: Video Game and TCG Live Event: UK, Birmingham, National Exhibition Center (NEC, Pavilion 1)
· June 21–25: Video Game Wi-Fi Event: 2013 Pokémon International Challenge June
There are a few things people need to keep in mind in able to be able to take part. Teams can be built using the National Pokédex and you must play using Pokémon Black 2 or Pokémon White 2 for Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS systems. There are also restrictions in place on certain Legendary and Mythical Pokémon.
Players will compete in one of three different age divisions; Junior Division for those born in 2002 or later, Senior Division for those born between 1998 and 2001 and Masters Division for those born in 1997 or earlier.
The competition’s format means that players will not be eliminated after a single loss in early stages which promises for many heated Pokemon battles! The top performing players will proceed to elimination rounds with a chance to win the Travel Award to the 2013 Pokémon World Championship in Vancouver.
For more information and instructions on how to register visit: www.pokemon.co.uk