Natsume’s E3 2014 Crop Includes New Harvest Moon, Hometown Story iOS
Happy E3 week, fellow game lovers! We have several days of twists and turns and surprises ahead, but the good folks at worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games Natsume have tipped their hand and given us a peek at the some of the cards they’ll be dealing on the expo floor.
Not sure why I went with that metaphor. It doesn’t even make sense, really. They’re the dealer in this scenario, so…logically, they’d be dealing all of the cards. Right? Man, terrible.
Anyway, what’s not terrible is the list below. We’re about to get a bunch of new info on these upcoming Natsume titles:
- Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley (3DS): Ah, Natsume’s love affair with Nintendo’s portable game gizmo continues. The latest game in this long-running, fan-favorite series will have you – or at least your little farmer/rancher avatar – working with a kindly Harvest Sprite found buried under the snow, who tells you all of the seasons in the valley have vanished except for winter. To return all 4 seasons, you’ll need the help of the villagers, the Harvest Sprites, the Harvest Goddess, and even the King of the Underworld.
- A-Train: City Simulator (3DS): As the newly promoted head of the local transportation agency, it’s your job to make sure that both the city and its transportation system run smoothly! From buses, trains, and subways, you’ll have to think about the best way to incorporate these into the city while avoiding possible bottlenecks and frustrated citizens.
- End of Serenity (PSN): This traditional Japanese RPG was created by KEMCO, the same developer that was behind last year’s hit, Mystic Chronicles. Throughout history, mysterious objects known as “Atomigems” have existed all over the world. The people of the world have used them for many things, from simple family heirlooms to even objects of worship. However, recently, a gang known as the Underworld has been going around collecting any and all Atomigems they can find. What exactly is their aim?
- Alphadia Genesis (Wii U!!): Natsume’s first Wii U game! Harvest Moon can’t be far behind…right? Anyway, it boasts a rich, complex story starring Fray, a member of the local guild, and Corone, a knight. As their journey progresses and conflicting national interests come to the forefront, it becomes apparent that it may take more than a little work on both their parts if their relationship is to weather the foreboding storm on the horizon.
- Reel Fishing: Master’s Challenge (PS Vita): One day, you return to the fishing lodge where you spent lots of time with your father when you were young. But once you step inside, the memories you had in this place as a child come flooding back to you. Motivated by the memories of your past, you decide to embark on the same journey that your father did when you were young. Will you be able to catch all of the fish your father caught all those years ago, and even surpass him?
- Reel Fishing Pocket 2: Ocean (iOS): Catching ocean-based fish such as mackerel, sea bass, and bluefin tuna! With 20 kinds of rods, over 70 pieces of tackle, and loads of skills to learn, this is the most fun you can have fishing without putting on your waders!
- Gabrielle’s Monstrous Duel (iOS): Players will have to face off against their zombie opponents in epic battle after epic battle. However, just blindly picking items to use won’t make you victorious! Instead, you must carefully choose which item you want to use, as picking the wrong one will give your opponent a more powerful attack, or worse yet, send your own attack back at you! You’ll have to use brains instead of brawn to win these duels!
- Hometown Story: Pocket (iOS): The long-awaited companion app to the 3DS game focuses completely on running your shop! Customers will come at you in waves, and it’s your job to get them exactly what they need before they get upset and leave your shop! Do you have the Midas touch to make your store a hit?
- Ninja Strike (iOS): In this speedy Ninja Climb sequel, instead of climbing your way to the top, you’ll be dashing as fast as you can in this Ninja-inspired endless running game! Featuring series stars Blue Shadow, Crimson Flame, and Sakura, each with their own unique special powers – will you be able to guide this ninja clan to victory?
Surely multiple adorable plushies will be unleashed (did you see the cute HM: Lost Valley puppy with the blue bandana?) and maybe a surprise or two will slip out? All eyes are on L.A. this week, and now you know what to look for from Natsume’s booth.
Excited to play any of these games?