Square Enix released Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride for iOS and Android devices, priced £10.99 / 14.99€ for the entire game with no additional downloads needed.
Considered to be one of the best games in the entire Dragon Quest series; Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride was originally released in 1992 in Japan only, but went on to enjoy a much-welcomed European launch in 2009 on the Nintendo DS.
The game offers players a unique, charming story that follows the life of a young boy on his journey to become a man, along the way meeting various friends and monsters. His adventure spans three generations – beginning as a youngster journeying with his father – to becoming a father himself.
The game features simple and intuitive controls are designed to work perfectly with the vertical layout of any modern mobile device, and the position of the movement button can be changed to facilitate both one- and two-handed play.
Like its predecessors, the game was created by a legendary trio of creative masters, including – creator Yuji Horii, revolutionary Music Composer Koichi Sugiyama and master manga artist Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball).
This thrilling tale on a stunning scale can now be enjoyed on mobile and tablet!
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride features:
- The fearsome monsters you face in battle can now become your friends, giving you access to unique spells and abilities—and a whole host of strategic possibilities.
- The party chat function allows you to converse freely with the cast of colorful characters who will accompany you on your adventure. So don’t hesitate to turn to them for advice and idle chit-chat whenever the urge assails you!
- 360-Degree Views: Rotate your viewpoint in towns and villages through a full 360 degrees to make sure you don’t miss a thing.
- Your faithful companions can be instructed to fight automatically. Use the various tactics at your disposal to see off even the toughest enemies with ease.
- With slot machines, poker, the monster arena and the exciting slime races of the slurpodrome, the casino is sure to provide you with a little light relief when the pressures of adventuring prove too great. Better still, you can exchange the tokens you earn for all kinds of exciting items, making taking a break well worth your while.
- Take dice in hand and roll your way around specially designed game boards, enjoying a whole range of exciting events as you go. Some of the things you will see won’t be available anywhere else, and if you manage to make it to the end, you can win some really great rewards.
- Bruise the Ooze, the slime-smashing mini game introduced in the Nintendo DS version, is back with a bang. Tap the slimes within the time limit to earn points in this super-simple yet fiendishly addictive goo-splatting extravaganza!