2K and Firaxis Games announced that Sid Meier’s new turn-based, adventure-driven strategy game titled Sid Meier’s Starships is now available worldwide for PC, Mac and iPad. The game will set you back £10.99.
Starships challenges players to command a fleet of starships within the universe of Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth while taking on a series of turn-based missions. During their journey, players explore the galaxy in search of other civilizations, protect planets and their people and build a federation to achieve intergalactic peace.
Each campaign features a distinctive, galactic strategy map of worlds with dynamically generated missions to provide lengthy replay value. Further more, Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth players who purchase Sid Meier’s Starships will uncover cross-connectivity and unlockable bonuses, including new planet types and missions.
“Civilization: Beyond Earth encouraged players to explore humanity’s next chapter on an alien planet,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. “Starships takes players on a new adventure to find the other worlds settled by humanity, engage in a series of tactical missions, and ultimately bring peace and unity to the galaxy.”
Some of the game’s features:
- Encounter unique tactical challenges in every mission, with dynamically generated maps, victory conditions and foes;
- Develop customizable armadas for tactical plans with modular spaceship design;
- Expand Federation influence by coming to the aid of each planets citizens, using their unique abilities to enhance player fleets and hinder opponents, as well as building improvements on worlds to increase capabilities and resources;
- Lead a fleet to distant worlds and help civilizations defeat pirates, protect colony ships, destroy rogue AI and more;
- Declare victory by conquering threats to the galaxy, uniting a plurality of worlds through a Federation or leading constituents to push scientific frontiers.