Konami announced the debut of their long running Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise for both PS4 and Xbox One. Titled Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist, the game is currently scheduled to release sometime this summer.
Available digitally on PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace, this game will offer fans a nostalgic journey to the memorable world of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV animated series. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist sees players from around the world invited to take part in an elite Dueling program that simulates the best Duels from every era of the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. Gamers can replay actual events from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series up to Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal.
The game showcases key storylines, characters, and Decks within a brand-new Story Campaign. Duelists will also battle against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, with additional duels to be included later as add-on content.
Newcomers to the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game can also hone their skills courtesy of the game’s comprehensive tutorial, while experienced players can dive into the rich Story Campaign and Duel with more than 90 characters in hundreds of matches, and compete in new Battle Pack Sealed Deck and Draft play with other Duelists online.
Here are of the game’s features:
- The very first Yu-Gi-Oh! video game available for PS4 and Xbox One
- Relive past Dueling glory with a Story Campaign that recounts the events from the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series. Battle your opponent, and take on the role of that character and Duel against the protagonist in a ‘Reverse Duel’.
- Duel with the latest cards from the official Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game, including Pendulum Summon Monsters!
- Compete in Battle Pack Sealed and Draft play against the A.I. or with players online for the first time. Battle Pack formats supported include Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants, and War of the Giants: Round 2.
- Customize your Decks with more than 6,600 cards.
- Compete against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V!
- Add-on content available at launch, with additional Decks, Avatars, playable characters and Duels!