Square Enix launched Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward in North America. Players can adventure together with seamless cross-platform play on PC, PS3, PS4 and for the first time, Mac.
This expansion pack features a new story that plunges adventurers into the heart of the Dragonsong War, the bloody thousand-year conflict between the knights of Ishgard and the dragons of Dravania. Adventurers can enjoy an increased level cap from 50 to 60 for all disciplines, a new playable race, new dungeons and raids, new primal battles, and new mounts that allow players to take to the skies—flying black chocobos, single-rider airships, dragons and more.
“Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward marks the beginning of the second season of our journey through the vast Final Fantasy XIV universe,” said Naoki Yoshida, producer and director of Final Fantasy XIV. “Having laid a strong foundation in A Realm Reborn, we are extremely excited that Heavensward will build upon this with new and diverse gameplay and content that continue to be the hallmarks of the online Final Fantasy experience.”
Here are some of expansion’s features:
- Genre-leading graphics and real-time cut scenes, an all-new soundtrack, and an immersive story experience
- Level cap increased from level 50 to level 60
- New player race: the Au Ra – with unique curved horns and scaled skin, the Au Ra hail from the eastern continent of Othard
- New jobs: dark knight, astrologian and machinist
- High-end raids, includes a new raid dungeon series within the mechanical colossus Alexander, based off the legendary boss in the long running series
- New beast tribes and powerful primals – players will encounter the Vanu Vanu and their primal, Bismark, and the Gnath, and their primal Ravana, allowing players to form new allegiances
- Flying mounts – Accompanying the vast new areas that feature floating islands are flying mounts for players to pilot such as the flying black chocobo and single-rider airships
- New gear, recipes and more
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward is available now for Mac/PC/PS3/PS4 for $39.99. The physical Collector’s Edition is available for $129.99 and the digital Collector’s Edition for $59.99. Final Fantasy XIV Online, the new all-in-one bundle that includes both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, is available for $59.99. A free 30-day trial is included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99.