The Dwarves is a tactical RPG with an innovative combat system, based on the bestselling fantasy novel with the same namesake. The game is currently in development for PC, PS4 and Xbox One and will make its world debut at Gamescom next month.
The revolutionary Crowd-Combat System forms the core of The Dwarves, meaning that enemies exhibit a flocking behavior and are influenced by physics. If a dwarf lands a mighty blow with a heavy war hammer, the impacted orcs are thrown back, colliding with their allies and some of them might even be pushed into an abyss. It’s only through tactical use of the environment and all of the heroes skills that players will be able to survive against the hordes outnumbering them by 100 to 1.
Here’s what are some of the game’s details:
- Players will take control of dwarf Tungdil, who grew up among humans. Through in game story progress, he will gather up to 12 companions around him; each of whom have a unique backstory and individual battle skills.
- Before each battle you assemble a group of up to four heroes, who then fight against hundreds of enemies simultaneously.
- Innovative Crowd-Combat System where enemies have a flocking behavior and react using realistic physics.
- You travel across Girdlegard on a world map that contains dozens of battlefields and places to be discovered.
- Bestselling author Markus Heitz is directly involved in the project as a consultant and will contribute some quests and brand new characters.
The Dwarves is in development for PS4, Xbox One and PC and is expected to release in 2016.