You’ve read the books, watched the show, and played the game, so why not give the Game of Thrones another shot with Stern Pinball Inc‘s brand new pinball machine?
This one (found on their website) is the Pro version of the machine, and is based off the HBO version of the series:
You can choose to ally with one of several houses; Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell or Tyrell, respectively, whilst fighting against a range of others. But if this sounds like a daunting task, worry not; the voice of Sandor Clegane (Rory McCann) will guide you through battles and adventures alike.
All three of the models have an animated, interactive dragon that flies, breathes fire and roars its way through the LED-lit playing field, as players attempt to slam the ball into the Battering Ram to take down the Castle Doors, grabbing Super Jackpots, Wild Fire, and Playfield Score Multipliers along the way. The animated, mechanical Sword of Multiball will fend off reinforcements until the battle has begun, and a group of Three Drop-Targets activates the Lord of Light Lanes to help prevent side drains, and awards many other features to keep the game going for as long as possible. Finally, there’s a nice Kickback which will send you the ball back when you get stuck, and seven different multicolour Shield inserts that represent the seven houses of Westeros.
Unfortunately, these don’t come cheap. You’ve got the options of one of three editions: the Pro edition, described above, will be £5,195.
- Premium (£6,995) and the Limited Edition (£7,695) have another level, a Castle Upper Playfield, which has another set of full size flippers, shots, and another animated dragon. They also have a cool Elevator system, which brings the ball up to the second floor, and will eventually deliver the ball to the Iron Throne, where you’ll able to celebrate your victories with various light shows and other effects.
- However, if you do opt for the Limited one, you get even more stuff:
- All of the previous features listed.
- A certificate of authenticity and numbered plaque.
- A playfield autographed by the designers.
- Hand drawn cabinet and backglass artwork by Bob Stevlik.
- Glossy, backpowder-coated, laser-cut side armour, featuring the dragon elements of the Targaryen sigil, and the house motto (“Fire and blood,”) highlighted with mirrored red, rich backing.
Interested in getting one? Check out their website here.