Degica revealed that classic shoot ’em up (or shmup), Deathsmiles, will be coming to Steam next Spring. Deathsmiles’s developer, CAVE, also created revered bullet-hell shooters such as Mushihimesama, DonPachi, Espgaluda, among others.
Deathsmiles lets players take the role of one of five Angels to defend the magical land of Gilverado from an invasion of Hell.
Here’s what to expect:
- Horizontally scrolling bullet-hell madness across six different game modes
- Battle ghosts, demons, man-eating plants, and even giant cattle(!)
- Five playable angels to choose from
- Local co-op.
- Challenging and powerful Counter system
- Nonlinear progression between a variety of macabre stages
Deathsmiles will bring its hellish gameplay to PC sometime during Spring 2016.