Paradox Development Studio and the team behind Crusader Kings II announced a new expansion titled Conclave, which is set to release sometime early 2016.
The newest expansion for the game will give your vassals some bite to go along with your bark, as the council that governs your realm will now demand some say in how you rule. Powerful dukes, regardless of competence, will require a seat at the table, and those left on the outside will be more likely to plot against you. You’ll need to keep your council happy, otherwise there might be dire consequences.
Other features of Conclave will include:
- Councils can now vote on changes to realm laws – or you can try to limit their power and influence
- Revised education system for royal children, with new traits and events designed for childhood
- New diplomatic system that prioritizes marital alliances and non-aggression pacts, as well as the possibility of coalitions
- Improved military combat model with a greater emphasis on morale, as well as new rules for mercenary companies
- And many more smaller changes including the usual tweaks to how the AI prioritizes its decisions.