With The Division now in players’ hands everywhere, Ubisoft has outlined the game’s post-launch DLC plans to keep gamers engaged with their latest online open world RPG.
Players will be able to take on new tasks and challenges within the main storyline and end-game through daily and weekly missions as well as Dark Zone events. Additionally, Ubisoft will release two free updates for all players which will add new features and most-wanted functionalities:
- Incursions: The first free update, coming next month, will introduce the first incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play as well as loot trading; allowing players in the same group to trade loot collected during a co-op game session.
- Conflict: In May, the second free update will add new features to the Dark Zone and add a new incursion in the iconic Columbus Circle.
For those who shell out the extra cash for either the Season Pass, Gold Edition or Sleeper Agent/Collector’s edition, they’ll be able to grab three new expansion packs to keep the fun going:
- Expansion I: Available in June, this first major expansion, titled Underground, lets players explore the uncharted underworld of New York City. Players will chase deadly enemies with up to three other Agents through an endless maze of tunnels and subways.
- Expansion II: Available this summer, the expansion dubbed Survival will challenge players to survive as long as possible by gathering essential supplies in a very hostile environment.
- Expansion III: Finally, the Last Stand expansion will feature a new threat and foe. Expect Ubisoft to detail this add-on as we reach the release