Tru Blu Entertainment has partnered up with developer Wicked Witch to announce that Rugby Challenge 3 will release for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on April 22nd 2016. Alternative Software will act as the official distributor for the game in the UK and Ireland.
This new entry in the successful Rugby Challenge series now includes many of the best Rugby players and teams in the World, including the Wallabies, England, the Springboks and many, many more, all under official licenses. As well as a myriad of new features, improvements and fresh content.
“Now with some great new features, we have the Rugby game fans have been sweating to play. We feel that all the thrills and excitement of top-flight Rugby have been truly recreated in Rugby Challenge 3.” said Tru Blu Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo. “A multitude of elements have been skilfully reworked, to ensure the fans get the best Rugby gaming experience.”
Here’s a brief overview of the game’s newest features:
- Rugby Sevens brings all the realism and fast-paced action of live seven-a-side Rugby to the Rugby Challenge series.
- Pro mode lets players join a club team as a rookie and play through 13 action seasons.
- The FanHub allows players to create yourself as a player and play through the ranks. Players and teams can be shared online across all supported platforms.
- Improved resolution and textures.
- Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall. French commentary will be handled by Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
- The game will feature a plethora of game modes: Single Match, multi-team Competition, extensive multi-year Career Mode, Be a Pro Mode and Online Multiplayer Mode.
- Play over 11 competitions such as the Super Rugby, the NRC and Currie Cup just to name a few.