Deep Silver and Techland have released a new gameplay trailer, showcasing the improvements of last-gen’s Dead Island games in the upcoming Definitive Collection.
With a substantial visual & performance overhaul, Dead Island Definitive Collection introduces many cutting edge current-generation graphical effects:
- Higher Quality Textures
- Photorealistic new lighting system
- Physically based shading
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets
- HBAO and motion blur effects adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world
Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Definitive Collection will also take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op. PS4 players will be able to enjoy Vita Remote-Play, Share-Play, streaming and recording
- The fan favourite unofficial PC mod, Power Fists Power-Up, will also now be added to both products.
Dead Island Definitive Collection includes Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and Dead Island Retro Revenge. The collection will be available at retail and digital for a suggested price of $39.99/€39.99/£29.99.
Both Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition can also be purchased digitally and separately for PC, PS4 and Xbox One for $19.99/€19.99/£14.99 each
The Collection and individual titles will be available on May 31st.