Deep Silver has released Dead Island Definitive Collection which includes the complete edition of both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide along with a new 16-bit Beat’em Up Dead Island Retro Revenge.
The rebuilding of both Dead Island games on Techland‘s next gen engine brings with it a significant visual & performance overhaul, introducing many cutting edge current-generation graphical effects:
- Higher Quality Textures: Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system: The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting
- Physically based shading: The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing: The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly jaggies
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets: All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
- HBAO and motion blur effects: The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds a extra layer of depth and realism to the world through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
- Updated game UI: Providing a more consistent look between both games and increased to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
- The Dead Island Definitive Collection takes advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- And last but not least, the fan favourite unofficial PC mod, One Punch Mode, will also now be added to both games.
While Dead Island Retro Revenge features:
- Retro look meets melee-based combat
- Featuring leaderboards, achievements and plenty of depth
- Power-ups, super attacks and a combo system
Dead Island Definitive Collection is now available digitally and at retail for a suggested price of $39.99/€39.99/£29.99.
Additionally, both Dead Island Definitive Edition Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition are available separately for $19.99/€19.99/£14.99.