Nordic Games has officially announced that a remastered version of the first Darksiders is set to release later this year for PC and current-gen consoles.
Dubbed Warmastered Edition, this revised edition is currently being developed by Kaiko, who have already been involved with some of Nordic Games’ projects in the past, like the Xbox One Version of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition and Legend of Kay Anniversary.
“We had a short-lived epidemic of premature emancipation, causing the affected persons to burp out sensitive info a little sooner than planned” says Philipp Brock, PR & Marketing Director at Nordic Games, and continues “but after a minor surgery and some medication, we got it all under control.”
Here’s a handy summary of the game’s improvements:
- Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
- 4k support and additional video options for PC
- Doubled all the texture resolutions
- Rendering improvements and rework
- Better shadow rendering quality
- Post processing effects
- 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. 30 FPS for Wii U
The game is set for an October 25th 2016 release for USD/EUR 19.99, and GBP 14,99.