When we finally found out that Persona 5 had a release date set for the West of Valentine’s Day 2017, those of us in Europe were sadly left desperately wanting.
Originally, we were told that February 14 2017 would be the release date for Persona 5 in North America. Thankfully, Deep Silver has come to the rescue in delivering a matching date for Europe and other PAL regions.
Cue extreme levels of excitement…
(Fun Facts: The last numbered Persona game was first release on the PS2 all the way back in 2008. Akihiko (above) featured in Persona 3 first in 2006)
When it makes its way to Europe, the game will come in several flavours.
First, PS3 owners are not getting left behind, with a standard version retailing at €49.99 / £39.99. On the PS4, two special editions will be out there. First there’s the steelbook edition at €69.99 / £54.99, then there’s the super special “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition for €89.99 / £79.99. Here’s what’s inside:
- Soundtrack: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring P5 artwork.
- 10 cm plush keychain: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member — and also not just a cat!
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook game case: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a metal game case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Are you ready to Take Your Heart? I sure am…