The remastering of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim hits the shelves tomorrow on October 28 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. For those that prefer to game on their PCs however, there is a slightly special perk that will soon expire if you ‘partially’ own Skyrim already.
Earlier, it was announced on Steam that if you already have Skyrim and all of its downloadable extras, then you’ll receive Skyrim Special Edition at no extra cost. If you’re missing a couple of the DLC packs to complete the full set, then you have a small window opportunity to get the remaster for free.
Here’s how it works.
To get the Special Edition, you must either own on Steam:
- Skyrim Legendary Edition
- Skyrim plus all three of the DLCs (Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn)
If you do this by the time the game activates on Steam when it releases, then pat yourself on the back with grabbing yourself the land of Skyrim in all of its pretty goodness.
The Legendary Edition can be found at various online retailers, and Steam are also offering a bundle that discounts if you own all but one or two of the DLC packs.
Activation times for the Special Edition are:
- 5pm Pacific Time (October 27)
- 8pm Eastern Time (October 27)
- 1am British Summer Time (October 28)
- 2am Central European Summer Time (October 28)
- 11am Australian Eastern Time Zone (October 28)
- 1pm New Zealand Time (October 28th)