Left 4 Dead developer Turtle Rock Studios has shared details of an unfinished, withdrawn campaign for the 2008 horror shooter game… and now you can play it.
According to co-founder Chris Ashton, the campaign Dam It “stitches together” Dead Air and Blood Harvest and includes a couple of previously unreleased Survival maps.
Check it out for yourself here, complete with annotations from the development team:
You can download it now from here, for free, but it’s only playable on PC.
“Some code features are missing, but it’s playable from beginning to end,” co-founder Chris “MacMan” Ashton stated on the official forum. “It also includes two standalone survival maps that never shipped.”
“Releasing as an add-on means that our code changes are not included,” states the download page. “Missing code means that the following features are not working.”
If you’re interested, here are the known issues so far:
- Fire, smoke and explosions do not trigger panic events in the hangars.
- Zombies do not crawl all the time in the orchard.
- Farm house mob does not spawn in the far side of the woods.
- Covered bridge does not collapse with explosions.
- Burned forest area is missing wandering fires.