If you haven’t yet, now is the time to escape into your very own peaceful animal village. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo was released across Europe on November 25. This new packaged version of the game includes the recent Welcome amiibo update, adding amiibo functionality to an already rich game as well as a new campground area, two extra games, and new furniture and decor items. Full features of this package deal include:
- amiibo!: The biggest feature is right in the title – exciting access to all Animal Crossing amiibo cards and figures (sold separately), including the 50 new cards released on November 11, one of which comes packaged with the game.
- Wisp’s Wishes: You can find a magic lamp in game and use it once a day to summon Wisp, a ghostly character who brings your amiibo cards and figures to life. When you tap an Animal Crossing series amiibo card or figure, Wisp will give you the choice to either invite that character to the campground or receive a new item.
- The campground: This new area allows you to visit amiibo characters parked in their individual campers, where you can shop for unique items and furniture. Even without amiibo, an animal will still appear here in their custom camper every day. The campground is also home to a quirky new character named Harvey, who will assist with all your campground needs.
- amiibo collaborations: A Sanrio collaboration pack allows you to bring animals with Sanrio-themed items to your campground, while Splatoon amiibo allow you to invite Splatoon characters, and some may even move in!
- Two new games: You can unlock new games to play in your home by acquiring a Wii U item or New Nintendo 3DS / 3DS XL item, which can be found in fortune cookies at the Nooklings’ shop or obtained by scanning any of the 16 Animal Crossing amiibo figures and purchasing them at the campground. The Wii U item unlocks the Desert Island Escape game, while the New Nintendo 3DS / XL item unlocks Animal Crossing Puzzle League.
- MEOW Coupons: New MEOW (Mutual Exchange of Wealth) coupons can be earned by completing tasks around town and then spent on unique in-game items at the campground.
- Happy Home Transfers: If you own Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, you can transfer your save data to purchase giant furniture in Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo.
Note that players with a New Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS XL can tap amiibo directly into their system, while those with a Nintendo 3DS XL, 3DS, or 2DS will need the Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory, sold separately, to access amiibo.
A well-loved franchise with over 27 million units sold worldwide, Animal Crossing invites players to take up residence in an idyllic village, whiling away blissful hours with activities such as fishing, bug-catching and home decoration – not to mention becoming pals with a colourful cast of friendly animal neighbours they live alongside. With global sales of over 10 million units, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a fan-favourite title on Nintendo 3DS family systems, and allows the player to become mayor of his or her town and engage in creative features such as Public Works Projects to improve the lives of residents in town, while of course maintaining the stress-free, relaxing gameplay that is the series’ hallmark.