Nintendo has announced add-on content for the 3DS’ Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. The five packs will give players opportunity to earn more gold and experience, explore the hidden past of Valentia, and recruit new playable characters.
The DLC will also provide players the story of the long-lost childhood friends Alm and Celica and their individual quests to restore peace to the land of Valentia.
The first add-on will be available on May 19th and the content can be purchased individually, as a whole or via the slightly expensive (£39.99 and €44,99 !) Season pass. By purchasing the Season Pass, players can save up to 30% compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content on their own.
Here’s a breakdown of the content included in the add-ons:
- DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack (19th May, £7.19 and €7,99): includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new battle maps.
- DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack (25th May, £8.99 and €9,99): Includes a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum) and two new challenging battle maps.
- DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack (25th May, £13.49 and €14,99): Includes a mysterious dungeons giving players a chance to upgrade characters exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
- DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack (1st June, £11.69 and €12,99): A Prologue pack which includes brand new story content and additional voice-acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia for the new challenging maps.
- DLC Pack #5 – Cipher Companions Pack (Release date TBD, £4.49 and €4,99) – New characters Fire Emblem Cipher, the popular Japanese trading card game, will become available for recruitment. Expect Nintendo reveal additional details sometime in the future.
As well as paid DLC, players will also be able to enjoy free downloadable content for a limited time, starting on 19th May. This free content is a special gift from Goddess Mila and can be obtained when playing the game.