Codemasters & Koch Media have released another Dirt 4 trailer, showing off the incredible rallycross content across various classes and circuits. The trailer includes Supercars racing at Lohéac Bretagne, Montalegre, Lydden Hill, Hell, Holjes, RX2, Super 1600s, Group B classics and crosskarts.
With consultation during development from two time FIA World Rallycross Champion, Petter Solberg, the rallycross handling in DiRT 4 has undergone a complete overhaul to make sure it’s as close to reality as it can be.
If you don’t know what rallycross is, allow me to explain. It’s multicar, circuit racing on mixed surfaces made up of both dirt and asphalt. The short, quick-fire races take four to six laps and each car must complete at least one “Joker Lap,” which is longer than the traditional lap, leading to tactical, racing. Drivers compete in four qualifying races, before the top drivers make the semi finals and final cut. The supercar class in the FIA World Rallycross Championship are 600bhp beasts that accelerate from 0-60mph in under 2 seconds – faster than a Formula One car.
Dirt 4’s features include:
- Over 50 off road cars: Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, among many others.
- Five rally locations with millions of routes: Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales are all yours to race through.
- As the official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championships, race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series.
- You can now landrush – try short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico.
- New to the game? Try DirtFish Ralley School in Washington, USA, for skills, techniques, and practice. DirtFish will become your personal playground for time attack challenges, smash attack challenges and a free roam area
- Career mode: create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards. Plus, daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- A new generation of RaceNet, witb live ladder, tournaments and cross-platform leaderboards.
- Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style. Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model, but can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages, but they only have a finite amount of time!
- The “Your Stage,” system allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique rally stages at the touch of a button.
Dirt 4 will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC on June 6/9 2017.