Good news for PlayStation fans – Sony Interactive Entertainment have announced their newest sales milestones for the PlayStation 4 and its games, and they’re looking good, with numbers for both hardware and titles going strong.
- As of June 11, 2017, the PlayStation 4 has altogether sold more than 60.40 million units worldwide.
- Software sales, led by new contenders such as Horizon Zero Dawn, are looking fantastic, too, with more than 487.8 million copies sold both though digital sales on the PS Store, and retail sales.
- The PlayStation ecosystem has more than 70 million monthly active users worldwide, as of the end of March 2017.
- Once more, as of the end of March 2017, PS Plus has 26.4 million paid subscribers worldwide.
- Active PlayStation 4 users worldwide spend more than 600 million hours in total, per week, on the PlayStation 4, once again, as of the end of March 2017.
“We are very grateful for our fans and partners around the globe who have continued to support PS4,” said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “The PS4 platform is in its prime, with the industry’s best lineup of exclusive and partner titles slated to release this year, taking full advantage of the power of the PS4 system. We are committed to further expanding our overall PS4 ecosystem, by broadening the PlayStation(R)VR content portfolio, as well as enriching our network services along with our ground-breaking software lineup. We remain steadfast in bringing the best entertainment experience to users worldwide and making PS4 the best place to play.”
The PlayStation 4’s game library is set to expand further with titles like Gundam Versus, Dragon Quest XI, Gran Turismo Sport, Everybody’s Golf, ABZ?, and Firewatch, which I reviewed last year, and was pretty amazed by. Overall, it’s a pretty solid lineup – let us know what you’re looking forward to in the comments.