World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth has been revealed as the seventh expansion and will see the Horde and Alliance clash once more.
Some key points were made about the new expansion:
- New level cap of 120
- New zones will scale as they do in Legion
- Mythic Keystones are staying
- World quests and Emissaries are unlocked at 120
- Collect ‘Azerite’ a new resource and use it to power up your legendary medallion, ‘Heart of Azeroth’
- 20 player cooperative Warfronts inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles
- Three player island invasions will have you conquer objectives against rivals or enemy players
- Join multiple cross-realm communities to stay in touch with friends and allies
We’re going back to the roots of World of Warcraft; with no outside threats, it’s all-out war between the Alliance and the Horde. Both sides will set forth in search of new allies to help strengthen their positions. The Alliance will strike out to Kul’Tiras, Jaina Proudmore’s homeland, while the Horde will head for Zandalar, an ancient civilisation of trolls. Each continent will open up three new zones for each faction with capital cities for each in their respective zones.
You’ll also recruit familiar allies to your faction, and once the questline has been completed, you’ll be able to unlock the sub-races which will start at level 20 with all new racial abilities as well as their own heritage armour once level 110 is reached. The sub-classes are:
- HIghmountain tauren
- Zandalari trolls
- Void elves
- Lightforged draenei
- Dark iron dwarves
In addition, lower level areas will scale more widely than they do currently, allowing you some choice in where you choose to level up your characters. For example, Outland and Northrend will both scale from level 60 to 80.
Have you checked out the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth cinematic trailer yet?