Along with the addition of Hanzo and Alexstrasza, Blizzard has announced that Heroes of the Storm is getting one or two game updates.
Integrated voice chat will be added in the form of two separate channels. Party Chat, which you will automatically join when you form a party and Team Chat which will enable you to communicate with your teammates, though you will be able to opt out of the latter if you choose.
Performance-based matchmaking is also being worked on. The system currently uses (amongst other things) wins/losses as a measure. The new system will take into account individual performance, hero difficulty and how that hero was played. The hope is that this will also help identify troll behaviour if a player is performing badly for against their average skill level. These changes should roll out mid-December.
Additionally, some changes to core gameplay will be added. Camera height will be adjusted to allow for better visibility and new stealth visuals to make those heroes more adaptable to different game modes.
Other updates are being implemented to specifically address the issue of short lane phases:
- Towers will have infinite ammunition.
- Standalone towers will be removed; for balance, Truesight will be added to forts and keeps.
- Regeneration globes currently last for six seconds in an allied state before timing out. Changes will mean their time in an allied state is reduced to four seconds, then they’ll change to a neutral state for four additional seconds. In the neutral state, either team will be able to pick them up.
- Map mechanics will be pushed back to allow for more time in lanes. A 30 second timer will be added to warn players of upcoming mechanics.
- Mercenary camps will be given specific abilities and buffs to add to their value during a game.
We will keep you updated as we hear more.