Four Titles Enchanced For Xbox One X
Now that the Xbox One X is available in store, a handful developers have worked alongside Microsoft in order to enhanced their games to take full advantage of the power under Microsoft’s mid-generation console upgrade.
First up is the recently released Middle-earth: Shadow of War. Warner Bros released a new update which adds the option for players to choose between two different modes:
- The first option focuses on resolution with increased texture detail, targeting native 4K.
- The second option focuses on overall quality with increased draw distances, improved shadow and lighting conditions, increased vegetation, improved ambient occlusion, higher polygon counts and texture filtering improvements, all optimised for Xbox One X.
Next up is Square Enix’s critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider. This game’s update offers three different modes:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for the highest fidelity resolution
- Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades
- High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay
Alongside the three new modes, there’s a handful of new tech enhancements included in the update:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments for even more immersive and realistic details
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Improved anti-aliasing
- Amplified texture filtering
“We’re always pushing ourselves to deliver the highest fidelity experience in our games and we love taking those next steps with any new technology,” said Scot Amos, Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “This launch coincides perfectly with our commitment to always offer the best we have as a reward for our dedicated and passionate fans. Providing these awesome new enhancements as a free upgrade enables Xbox players to maximize their Tomb Raiding experience.”
Crystal Dynamics had teamed up with long-time partners Nixxes Software for the Xbox One X update:
“Partnering with Nixxes Software has allowed us to deliver an incredible level of fidelity and immersion,” said Ron Rosenberg, Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics. “They have proven once again that they are masters at getting every ounce of power out of a new platform.”
Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios have unleashed Homefront: The Revolution’s Xbox One X Enhanced update. It includes:
- The game is rendered in 3200 x 1800 which is a four times increase over the standard Xbox One version
- All HUD and UI elements are rendered in native 4K
- The Time Splitters 2 arcade machine content now rendered in native 4K
- The game takes advantage of Xbox One X’s increased memory which will support more high quality textures on screen at any given time
- Improved frame rate performance
- HDR support for both Xbox One X and Xbox One S
Finally, VooFoo Studios has released an update which enhances Mantis Burn Racing for the Xbox One X by adding supports native 4K resolution, High Dynamic Range and anti-aliasing.
“With Xbox One X we’ve been able to deliver true native 4K resolution and anti-aliasing which takes the crispness and clarity of detail in the game to another level – this is the most immersive version of the game to date” said Mark Williams, Technology Director at VooFoo Studios.