Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Destiny 2 (PS4) – Because when am I not playing Destiny 2?
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4) – Loving this, even though I’m terrible at it, and even though the Displace power is as manoeuvrable as a shopping cart. Any excuse to dip into Dishonored’s world is fine by me, mind; as grim as it is, I love cavorting over those rooftops…
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (XB1) – Getting better at tactics, but still crap at shooting. Finding the lag and rubberbanding issues still troublesome (especially for someone prone to motion sickness), and I don’t think I’d ever enjoy it as a lone wolf, but it’s pretty fun with friends.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (PS4) – Oh man do I feel late to the party on this one. I’d been burnt by the series so many times after AC2, so even after all of Ubisoft’s promises that Origins was going to be different, I was wary. But, after only a handful of hours with the game that’s seen me just about exploring all of Alexandria, I’m happy to admit that my fear was misplaced.
The great thing about Origins – strangely – is that it doesn’t feel like an Assassin’s Creed game. Instead, the game continues to remind me of the world of Witcher 3, sure it may not be as gritty but the Egypt of Origins is a similar world that seems to live and breathe independently of the player. It’s an absolute pleasure to play so, if – like me – you’ve been wary of playing it, take my advice – just play the game.
- Secret of Mana (Mini SNES) – I bloody loved this game growing up, so getting to play it all over again in all its pixelly goodness is just bloody marvellous.
- Fallout 4 (PS4) – Can Preston stop giving me these quests now pls I just want to finish the damn game and go play robot dinosaur simulator (Horizon Zero Dawn)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) – This game has so much content! It’s incredible still in love with battle system and I keep losing myself in side quests and unique hunts. I hope I can finish the story at least before Dragon Ball FighterZ.
- Final Fantasy 14 (PS4) – Back to the MMO grind in time for the new patch.
- Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite (PS4) – I needed a fighter to tide me over until Dragon Ball FighterZ.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (XB1) – Finally finished the Dark Brotherhood quest chain, and now onto the Arena. Still loving this old game, it’s making me want to play through Skyrim again once I’ve finished.
- Terraria (PC) – Been playing this classic with my 9yr old son. Have our mansions sorted and built a nice battle arena to spawn the bosses into, so we can get our phat lootz. Such a simple looking game, but it has a huge amount of depth and playability.
- Subnautica (XB1) – Saw this in the sales so picked it up to have a look. A traditional survival game with an underwater twist. Enjoying it so far, but only played it for a few hours at the moment.
- Bloodborne (PS4) – Still absolutely loving this! I’ve smashed two more bosses in the face and am currently working my way through the Forbidden Woods. I would’ve probably gotten quite a bit further but bloody Christmas has required me to be somewhat social (grr).
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PS4) – Aaand still playing. Not really sure why, in all honesty.
- Heroes of the Storm (PC) – Snagging some last minute Winter Veil skins!