Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4) – Third playthrough, this time I’m trying to collect as much as possible, as well as concentrating on non-lethal takedowns and ghosting through. Going pretty well, to be fair!
- Uncharted: Lost Legacy (PS4) – So far, so good! Have a bit of a girl crush on Chloe.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (XB1) – Still not sure why everyone likes this so much – I still think the performance issues are awful, and the rubber-banding makes me super nauseous – but ho hum.
- Portal (XB1) – Been itching to replay (it’s an annual thing), and it never disappoints. Expect to sprint through this quite quickly before moving onto the greatest game of all time – Portal 2!
I know. No Destiny 2 this week. Good grief.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (PS4) – I think I’m about halfway through now. I’ve just arrived in Memphis having absolutely smashed up the Outsider bounty hunter. I’m really enjoying the game still, though the only boat section I’ve had to play was just as dull as it was when I first did it in AC3 – still, a bloody good game though.
- Mind’s Eclipse (PC) – My review of this will be up tomorrow and I really don’t want to give anything away. SO, all I’ll say is this is a bloody good looking game, well it is if you like the retro comic-book design it uses. A sci-fi mystery visual novel, I’ve really enjoyed sitting back and exploring a fantastic world that the game offers.
- Fortnite (PS4) – Well, I don’t have Xbox Live so PUBG isn’t a possibility for me yet, so Fortnite’s Battle Royale will have to do. I can safely say that I have know idea what I’m doing, I tried killing someone by pulling out a map or something so, yeah. I’ll keep practising and get back to you.
- Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) – FINALLY. I spent so long slogging through Fallout 4 (which was disappointing asf, by the way. Piper = waifu), I never thought I’d play anything else, and holy shit I am enchanted. I reaalllly hope this plot and worldbuilding holds up because I’m going to be so disappointed if it doesn’t. Graphics look a bit janky but I can live with that.
Oh, and I’ve been reading Aloy’s name wrong for the last damn year. Ay-loy, not Al-oyy, like the metal, because theme naming and shit. FML.
- Forza Horizon 3 (XB1) – Having a shit of fun with Blizzard Mountain, but holy hell it can be brutal.
- Persona 3 Portable (PSP) – I tweeted last week that my PSP is getting more love than my Switch. Here’s the reason why. this game has a sentimental hold on me and I’ll replay it forever and ever.
- Friday The 13th (PS4/XB1) – Offline bots forever. Can’t wait to see what the story mode will be. Great game after a shit day at work.
- Final Fantasy 14 (PS4) – It is finally time to grab the platinum for FFXIV! And this will be my 200th platinum trophy which may signal the end of my trophy hunting days as Dragon Ball FighterZ will be launching soon and I want to git gud as it were and became a hardcore player and maybe enter some tournaments!
- Severed (PS Vita) – I thought I’d give this ago seeming it was a part of the free games for PlayStation Plus last year, I believe… Either way I’m enjoying this first-person metroidvania dungeon crawler game, although because you have to swipe the screen I may have scratched my screen protector… And it’s my Persona 4 Golden screen protector… =[
- My Name is Mayo (PS Vita) – I need platinums quick to reach 199 platinums to make FFXIV my 200th.
- 6 Fragments of Midnight (PS4/PS Vita) – Whilst, I played this solely for two easy platinums, I thoroughly enjoyed this procedurally generated platformer.
- Bloodborne (PS4) – So I’m seven bosses in and (as of writing this) am currently stuck on Rom, the Bastard Spider. What’s really frustrating is, on my first attempt, I ran in, killed off all the baby spiders, twatted him a few times, avoided his AOE crap in phase 2 and was beginning to think that the fight was really easy. Then I got one shot by a combo magic/spider attack. Each attempt after that first try has been getting progressively worse. Might have to go and farm for a bit. :(
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PS4) – Yep, still. Slowly working towards the platinum on this.