Square Enix opens up new ways for fans to journey through the massive world of Final Fantasy XV with Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, coming to Steam, Origin and Windows 10. The special editions feature the base game and over 20 game add-ons/DLC, as well as new features including an expanded map of Insomnia with new enemies and side quests and a first-person camera mode.
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will feature:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore. – A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion Comrades and Episode Ignis – Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The Final Fantasy XV base game
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will be available for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for $49.99, and will feature a new package design by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano. The “Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack,” including new downloadable content in Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition, will also be available separately on March 6 for $19.99 via the Xbox Store and the PlayStation Store. This purchasable pack allows existing players of Final Fantasy XV to enjoy the new features by applying the pack to the base game.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition.
A benchmark tool and instructions to help players optimize their PCs for the game’s launch will be available beginning February 1. Please visit the official website for more information. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended and 4K PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below.
- Windows Store – By pre-ordering through the Windows Store, fans will receive the bonus Final Fantasy XV Powerup Pack. This pack contains items designed to power up the player’s performance in combat.
- Steam – By pre-ordering through Steam, fans will receive the bonus Final Fantasy XV Fashion Collection. This pack contains a selection of outfits for the prince and his pals.
- Origin – Those who pre-order on Origin will receive the bonus Final Fantasy XV Decal Selection. This pack contains an array of cool and colorful decals for the Regalia. More details on the early purchase bonuses will be available at a later time.
*Note that the physical version disc is an installer only. Internet connection as well as Steam account registration is required in order to play the game. Any internet access fee or connection fee must be covered by the customer.
**Note that the physical Steam version will not come with the preorder bonus. The early purchase bonus will be included.