Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Destiny 2 (PS4) – THAT’S RIGHT, I’M STILL PLAYING IT WANNA FIGHTABOUT IT?
- PlayerUnknown’s Backgrounds (XB1) – Everyone else got better than me. :( We’re getting to the Top 10 60%+ of the time, but that bloody circle is never kind to us.
- Dying Light (PS4) – I’d actually bought Dying Light a couple of years ago but the after being chased by volatiles and being seriously stressed out by the horrifying nights, I scared myself into not really playing it. So, after two long years – and realising that the game is now three years old – I though enough time had passed for me to jump back in.
And I’m so glad I did, the game’s parkour is right up there with the likes of Mirror’s Edge in my opinion. Add to this the fun you can have during the day time simply killing small hordes of zombies and you’re sorted. I’m still at a ridiculously early stage in the game, having to get a sample of the Bolter zombie during the night time, which I’m still terrified of, so it may take me a while to finish the game. I’d be interested to try it out in multiplayer at some point, I have a feeling the night won’t be so cripplingly stressful with friends!
- Far Cry 4 (PS4) – I’ve been looking forward to Far Cry 5 for a while and so to help pass the time I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to finally getting around to playing Far Cry 4 for the first time. Kyrat is an absolutely gorgeous setting for the game, and much of it reminds me of Dying Light in ways, with Kyrat’s wildlife offering the same kind of random actions as the zombies. Again, I’m still at a fairly early stage, but the game’s cast of eccentric allies and charismatic villains underlines just how far the series has come since the first Far Cry – and I don’t care what you say, Far Cry 4 (at the moment) is better than Far Cry 3.
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) – That moment at E3 2017 when me and my friends woke up the neighbours! Shadow of the Colossus is so god damn good and the remake beautifully recreated the magic that took my breath away whilst making me feel like an evil monster as I take down these majestic creatures…
- Monster Hunter World (PS4) – Still hunting.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) – I suck as Kuja but I need that A++ Rank trophy before I can move onto my next character… I win my matches but I don’t get the A++ Ranks for him.
- Monster Energy Supercross (PS4) – I suck at this game but I had fun reviewing it! Check it out here.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch) – Practising just in case I get to play at MCM in May.
- World of Warcraft (PC) – Been raiding and grinding AP to unlock Mage Tower skins on my alts, and indulging in some PVP to get those prestige skins as well.
- World of Tanks (XB1) – Got hooked back into World of Tanks, but this time on the console. With the high res update for the Xbox One X, it looks gorgeous, although it’s missing some of the nuances of the PC version it’s still bloody good fun, as well as being free to play :D
- Monster Hunter: World (XB1) – Still grinding through Monster Hunter to get enough parts to upgrade my desired ‘high rank’ armour pieces. This game is still absolutely amazing and addictive, but still suffering from some online session issues. Games like Destiny could really learn from this title on how to do grinding well and not make it boring as sin.
- Bloodborne (PS4) – After a week or so away from Yharnam – mainly because I’d been putting off actually finishing it – I’m proud to say I powered through the Defiled Chalice but am now hideously stuck on the first boss in the last dungeon. I’ve had about 15 attempts now, and my last attempt was no better than my first. Probably something to do with that fact that he seems a lot like Martyr Logarius – only faster and stronger – and he was the hardest boss in the game for me. I’ve no doubt I’ll kill him, I’m just finding him incredibly frustrating.
- Samsara (PC) – Another puzzle game I’m reviewing. Pretty easy so far but some nice twists.