Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Persona 5 (PS4) – New Game + run! For my sins, I can’t wait for the remaster years down the line, I need moar.
- Far Cry 5 (XB1) – Yeah I can’t get enough. Even the soundtrack has taken over my life.
- Friday the 13th (XB1/PS4) – Grinding up my XB1 profile. Need I say more?
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) – Tackling the backlog. It’s quite dizzying and cumbersome to play, but still ripping good times.
- Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom (PS4) – It’s drawing to a close! I will definitely have my review up before the next WWPW! I wish I had more time to play it when it originally came out over a month ago. It’s truly amazing and beautiful!
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (PC) – I haven’t played an FPS in a long time, but I recently picked this game up, and it’s been pretty enjoyable so far. I wish the story was more robust, but I’ve enjoyed being able to play a few quick rounds before or after work.
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins (PC) – I’m not going to lie, I bought this game 25% because it was on sale and 75% because it looks really pretty. I’m usually pretty bad at stealth games (i.e. I’m impatient and impulsive!) but I haven’t had too much difficulty with the gameplay so far. I’m also really enjoying the setting. I’m a sucker for anything related to Egypt, and this game certainly hasn’t disappointed in that respect.
- Overwatch (PC) – I got sucked into the Retribution event this past week and have had a hard time putting Overwatch down ever since. Keeping my fingers crossed I get the Blackwatch Moira skin sometime soon!
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (XB1) – Still no delicious chicken dinner for me I’m afriad. But, I did manage to make a fun game where I drive from house to house and drop off different items I have, like an out of season Santa… or a postman. I think I’m beginning to understand why I still have no chicken dinner in this game.
- FIFA 17 (PS4) – Because I have no chicken dinner, I can’t seem to get good at Bloodborne, because people have become really good at Titanfall 2, because I still haven’t picked up FIFA 18 yet – because I’m really bloody good at FIFA, and I just went a whole season unbeaten. That’s why I’m playing FIFA 17… still.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (XBX) – Making use of the game pass on Xbox, I decided to try out RotTR as somehow it had slipped me by when it was released. Such a fantastic looking game in 4K with the enhanced update for XBX. Amazing story and scenery, enjoyed it a little too much and ended up 100 percent it. Really really sad the adventure is over, it made me feel so Indiana Jones.
- Attack On Titan 2 (XBX) – Playing this game for an upcoming review, I adore the anime series, so I’m hoping it lives up to my own hyped expectations. Loving the game so far though, it has really nice combat and graphics.
- Sky Force Anniversary (XB1) – Because I have it on PS4 and it was free with the Xbox Game Pass. Why should I start clearing my backlog of games when I can play the same game again but on a different console?
- World of Warcraft (PC) – World quests. And checking BattleNet every day in anticipation of the alpha access that never arrives but that everyone else in my guild seems to have access to. :(