Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order have announced that Cities: Skylines will be getting a new expansion, that lets you add theme parks and zoos to your city. The aptly titled Parklife is set for release on May 24.
The new expansion will add more maps, a new park area tool as well as a bunch of new assets and level-up features:
- Parks and Recreation: Use the new park area tool to create park districts wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness and helps level up parks.
- Brick by Brick: Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, fresh attractions like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos. There’s also a regal new monument, the Castle of Lord Chirpwick.
- Freeway Free for All: For the first time in Cities: Skylines, you can place buildings next to paths in the park districts (not just next to roads). Props can be placed anywhere inside park areas.
- Recesses Between Buildings: Transform those empty spaces between your buildings into vibrant parks and gardens.
- It’s a Walk in the Park: Customize routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.
- Policies, Please: Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies to deal with recreational hazards like Fireworks and Animal Ethics.
Additionally, Cities: Skylines will get a free PC update, which will include a new tourism panel, trees that reduce noise pollution, a camera mode upgrade, new tourist models, and new modding features.
Cities: Skylines Parklife is due for release on May 24, 2018.