Have a peek at what we’ve been playing
Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Final Fantasy XIV (PS4) – Heading back to Eorzea is always a treat, especially after a few patches have gone by and there is a flow of brand new content such as; story, dungeons and a few more trials and raids. More people should sign up to FFXIV and enjoy the incredible story plus all the amazing side content!
- Get Even (PS4) – This was next in the (in)famous Adventures of Dan vs the Backlog. I don’t know why I waited so long to play this. I can’t explain it, but jesus it’s a mindfuck.
- Lumines Remastered (Switch) – Favorite puzzle on Switch? This was a no brainer. Addiction is back on!
- Gears of War 4 (XB1) – Flinched and downloaded the massive 50 gig update. Apparently Horde mode has to be downloaded. Achievement hunting in this one.
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4) – In my crusade to clear out some of my games backlog, I’ve dived into the deep end with the Uncharted series. U2 is a big improvement over Nathan Drakes first outing, not only in game design and polish but also a better story, with strong character development. It’s also the game that introduces my favourite
pixelated bae, Chloe.
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS4) – I was pleasantly surprised by some of the game mechanics added to the third game. There were some great set pieces and scenery, as well as continuing the epic adventures of Nate. Ever so slightly disappointed by the ending though. My least favourite of the bunch.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (PS4) – OMG I was so shocked that this game was better than U2, but it was my favourites story out of the lot. Graphics were lush and it was the perfect end to the Uncharted adventures. I actually got a little sad that it was all over. It had everything. The locations, the action, and great mechanics.
- Bloodborne (PS4) – Now that the Uncharted’s are done, I’ve moved on to Bloodborne. I do love the challenge provided by some of the enemies and bosses in this game, and the music, setting, and atmosphere are so amazing. I’m just not a fan of the clunky camera and sloppy controls. I have had so many deaths from animation locks and unresponsive movement. But I will not be beaten.
- Tom Clancy’s: The Division (XB1X) – Managed to get a few hours in on this beaut, but it’s playing second fiddle to the backlog this week.
- God of War (PS4) – Finally got around to picking this up and wow! With so many changes, they’ve somehow managed to keep it feeling and playing very much like God of War. Really, really enjoying this.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division (XB1) – Managed to sneak an evening in on this. Still enjoying it, though I seem to spend about an hour trying to re-learn the controls after playing Uncharted, as the ‘take cover’ and ‘jump/climb’ buttons are reversed.
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS4) – Not much further with this, mainly due to God of War taking over my life, but still managed to get a small Nate-Fix.