What are you playing?
Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Final Fantasy XIV (PS4) – My Free Company buddies have been helping me get the clear on a few of the Savage difficulty raids! I think I did pretty well considering we only lost once on each of the raids.
- Jurassic World Evolution (PS4) – I am running a failing dinosaur park. Storms keep breaking my fences, and dinosaurs keep knocking my guests over, which apparently kills them, though mowing them down in my jeep does not. Oh, and the Diplodocus is an asshole who STILL isn’t happy with the massive enclosure I built for it.
- Mafia 3 (PS4) – Had been tempted to Platinum it so I’ll definitely try. I’ll also tackle the DLC. Loved the game so more of it is just a good thing.
- Gears of War 4 (XB1) – Still cleaning up a few Achievements solo.
- Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (XB360) – This’ll have to do until SEGA decides to do VF6.
- Terra Tech (PC) – Been playing this sandbox builder for review and enjoying it a lot. Good fun, mixed with exploration and vehicle/base construction.
- Earthfall (PC) – Best co-op shooter I’ve played since Valves Left 4 Dead 2. Had great fun playing this with the GGS staff for a little multiplayer review.
- Defiance 2050 (XB1X) – Again, another review title. An exact clone of the 2013 Defiance, with some slight graphical tweaks. A great game in its heyday, but showing its age now. Server issues are really taking their toll though, and putting me right off this re-release.
- God of War (PS4) – Still haven’t finished this! Mainly because I don’t want it to come to an end. I will finish it this week though!
- Earthfall (PC) – Bloody loving this game. If you have two or three friends to play it with, I can’t recommend it enough.
- World of Warcraft (PC) – Getting ready for the Battle for Azeroth prepatch!
- Earthfall (PC) – Sarah, Stew, and I have been having a grand old time shooting up aliens, each other, and yelling at Roy the AI on this lately, and I’ve been loving every second of it – go Earth!
- Bioshock Infinite (PS4) – I was just getting five minutes of capture, and that turned into me finishing the whole game in one sitting – I bloody love this game.