What are you playing?
Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Final Fantasy XIV (PS4) – Nights. Not enough time to game… bleh!
- The Evil Within (XB1) – After getting screwed by the poorly ported Halo 4 in Halo Master Chief Collection, I decided to tackle Evil Within next. Every time I’m enjoying it, I’m being thrown into a shitty chapter. Will I finish it? Stay tuned to find out!
- South Park Stick of Truth (PS4) – That damn Randy abortion sequence is pissing me off….
- We Happy Few (PS4) – I’d been waiting for the proper release of this for ages. Having been initially put off by the simple survival heavy early access of the game last year, I was a little apprehensive about dropping £50 on it. But! The game I’m playing now is a far cry from that early access version. The missions seem heavily inspired by Bioshock which I have nothing to complain about. I’m really enjoying the pacing of the game even though there’s a near-constant issue with frame rates during cutscenes, here’s hoping a patch is lined up to sort that out.
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season (PS4) – I totally forgot it was out today and panic bought it at work. Will it be better than Season Three, aka Javi and Friends? Only time will tell
- Final Fantasy X (PS4) – I’ve been meaning to replay them for a while, and I got through a decent chunk of it when I replayed it like seven or eight years ago, and I’d forgotten how much I liked it. The graphics and such don’t really hold up great now, but it’s such a stunning story and lore, it’s lovely.
- World of Warcraft (PC) – Battle for Azeroth has finally launched! I’ve taken most of this week off work and, despite a bit of a dodgy start, I’m really enjoying the new content. Should hit level 120 later today!