What are you playing?
Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon HD (PS4) – Finally decided to get all the platinum trophies in the Reignited Trilogy!
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) – God damn this game is fun! Plus unlocking the characters is a treat, you don’t see that anymore nowadays! Everything is given to you, which makes bratty gamers.
- Evil Within 2 (XB1) – This game still manages to make me jump. Still enjoying it as much as if it was my first playthrough.
- Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne (PS2) – I’m still savoring this game. I want to take my time; made decent progress this weekend. I just loathe the goddamm Kalpa dungeon.
- Persona 3 Portable (PSP) – Plucked over 100 hours in this version and I’m still going. Best Persona game. Portable. Amazing.
- Overcooked (XB1X) – Having some 2-player fun on this fun little classic. If anything it’s making me hungry cooking all those burgers. This is one fun multiplayer game.
- Battlefield 5 (XB1X) – First bit of content has dropped, with the “Tides of War” campaign starting. Level 49 at the moment, and first weeks campaign completed. Some of the bugs have been addressed, but still noticing a lot of new ones, like the ammo/medic crates falling through the floors.
- Final Fantasy XIII (XB1X) – Still chomping through this adventure. Actually really enjoying the slower change of pace compared to Battlefield.
- Metro: Last Light Redux (XB1) – This is my first foray into the Metro series and it’s pretty great, right?
- Witcher 3 (PS4) – With the festive season upon us, I’ve retreated to one of my two favourite games to play at Christmas. Picking up where I left off with the Blood and Wine DLC before starting Final Fantasy 7 again in a couple of weeks.
- Titanfall 2 (PS4) – Finally had a chance to get a few games in and every time it’s bloody brilliant. It’s difficult to name a game that’s as much fun as Titanfall 2 when it comes to playing online – also the campaign is great.
- Insurgency: Sandstorm (PC) – My review is up later today, so be sure to have a look at that!
- Final Fantasy 13-2 (XB1) – I completed this in less than a week, and while I really enjoyed the story and looked forward to seeing where it would lead, the ending was incredibly and awfully disappointing.
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 (XB1) – I was pretty apprehensive starting this, especially as it looks so different to the previous two games in the series. I’ve been pleasantly surprised so far – I just hope the ending is makes up for the disappointment of 13-2’s.
- Q.U.B.E. 2 (XB1) – Portal, without Portals. A nice break from the FF13-ness of my life at the moment.