What are you playing?
Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Dragon Quest 11 (PS4): I’ve had to ease off playing games for a bit due to tendonitis in my wrist… When I’ve felt like playing games, I thought a
turn basedRPG would be best.
- Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne (PS2): After taking a short break, I’m back on this. I have one hidden dungeon and a handful of bosses left but grinding and fusion
isrequired so I can make my dream team with Beelzebub and Metatron.
- Black (XB): Run and gun. Big, dumb fun!
- STAY (Switch): An interesting indie game I won over the holidays. Pretty unique and interesting concept.
- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (PS4) – I actually ended up watching a Let’s Play of the whole game years ago because I thought I’d never get to play it. Thankfully I’ve forgotten huge chunks of it, so now I’m just playing through Terra’s story and – Terra is a gargantuan moron, right
? Fifa18 (PS4) – Hey, shut up – it’s a good game. And seeing that I’ve been managing my Arsenal team up to 2022 I’ve now taken the Liverpool job after they finished just outside the relegation spots, time to work my magic with a whole new team.
- Ashen (XB1X): Finished my first playthrough last week, and now it’s time to have a run through on the ‘Children of
Sissna‘ hard mode, where you only have 50% of the health and stamina that you used to have in normal play. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve died a LOT, as everything can one-shot you. The AI companion is next to useless in CoS mode; really wish I had a co-op buddy.
- Elder Scrolls Online (XB1X): I did have a go on PC recently and rather enjoyed it, so wanted to see what it looked like on XB1X, turns out it runs really well, Now I’m suckered in again. Except for this time, I’m playing on the couch. Lazy MMO time.
- Bloodborne (PS4): I’ve decided to clear the DLC again before jumping into NG+2. Have I mentioned that I love this game?
- Sky Force Reloaded (XB1): Downloaded this randomly from Game Pass and my god, it’s addictive! Mindless fun for when you don’t know what else to play.
- Path of Exile (PC): Started playing this, earlier this week. Feels like a really, really complicated Diablo 3 with insanely intricate skill trees. Seems promising though.
- World of Warcraft (PC): Yup, I’m
levelingyet another character.