Trine: Ultimate Collection will also be available.
Frozenbyte and Modus Games have announced that Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, the fourth game in the puzzle-platformer Trine series, is set for release later this year and will include four-player co-op.
Trine 4 reunites Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya as they come to the aid of the Astral Academy to search for Prince Selius, whose nightmares have begun to affect the waking world. The announcement trailer, which you can watch below, shows off the stunning environments as well as showcasing a new soundtrack from the composer for the first three Trine games.
The key features include:
- Gorgeous 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action.
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Preorders are available now and players will receive ‘bonus in-game content’ as a reward. Additionally, Trine: Ultimate Collection has also been announced and will include all four games as well as a download code for the series’ Original Soundtrack, an artbook, and a physical Trine world map.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is set for release later this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.