Dancing Viera steal the show.
It’s time! With the next expansion for Final Fantasy XIV – Shadowbringers ready to drop July 2, the latest amazing cinematic trailer is here to show off some of the new stories characters, races, and jobs.
Unveiled at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Tokyo, Japan, Square Enix announced lots of exciting updates which players can expect from the highly anticipated third expansion, including another new job, race and
These features add to the list of exciting previously announced content, including a level cap increase to level 80, an all-new Trust System, a new 24-player alliance raid entitled “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse”, New Game+, and end-game content for crafters and gatherers which sees the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard.
Shadowbringers will take players to Norvrandt, in the First World. This marks the first time Warriors of Light will journey beyond the world of Hydaelyn, as they must become Warriors of Darkness to fight against the forces of Light, which threaten to destroy this world.
Director Naoki Yoshida announced numerous new features which include:
- New Job – Dancer: Dancer joins Gunbreaker as one of the new jobs in Shadowbringers.
This ranged attacker not only unleashes powerful attacks using chakrams, but also performs dances to execute abilities and provide beneficial effects to their party.
- New Player Race – Hrothgar: The male-only Hrothgar player race compliments the recently announced female-only Viera as the second new playable race in Shadowbringers. The Hrothgar and Viera will also have unique, customisable features specific to their races.
- New Player Cities – The Crystarium and Eulmore: Located in Norvrandt, these two cities will serve as new player hubs and play a key role in the Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New Raid – Eden: This new high-end raid content will feature multiple challenging bosses, as well as a new character designed by Kingdom Hearts Director and Final Fantasy series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The bearded dwarves and the “Sin-eater,” Innocence.
- New Field Area – Lakeland
Patch 4.56, which will bring with it the climactic finish to the Stormblood main storyline, is scheduled for release tomorrow, 26th March. The patch update also includes a new chapter in the continuing adventures of Hildebrand and the conclusion of the Stormblood beast tribe questline.