It was an Original Sin, but now there are three of them!
Larian Studios has announced Divinity: Fallen Heroes, a new chapter in the awesome Divinity: Original Sin 2 Universe. With a new trailer showing off some snippets of game-play and some of the new main story characters, this looks like another amazing delve into the world of Rivellon.
Developed as a co-production with Danish studio ‘Logic Artists’, Divinity: Fallen Heroes will be a standalone game in the Divinity: Original Sin 2 universe, using the Divinity: Original 2 game engine.
Dive back into the world of Rivellon as you board your ship the “Lady Vengeance”, where you’ll get to meet a host of new characters and explore new lands, weapons, and skills. Divinity: Fallen Heroes will also be a two-player co-op game as well as still having a single player mode.
Divinity: Fallen Heroes is touted as a tactical adventure with RPG depth and choices when it comes to squad builds and story choices, but what the final product will look like we will have to wait and see.
We do know that an ominous threat is looming over Rivellon and enlisting the help of new heroes Malady, Fane, Ifan, Lohse, Sebille, Red Emperor and the Beast, takes us to the never before visited deserts of the Lizard Empire and snowy mountains of the Dwarven Kingdom.
Features to look forward to in Divinity: Fallen Heroes include:
- Gunpower comes to Divinity. Lock’n’load with an arsenal of guns and rifles.
- Oil, Fire, Ice, Water and Poison surfaces are joined by the new Sulfuriumsurface, affecting hero positioning on the battlefield.
- Play with mysterious hero character Malady for the first time in a Divinity game, as well as an all-new character. Or take control of the famous Godwoken.
- Select from 30+ different unit types to create the perfect squad, and equip them with over 200 skills.
- Decide which technology to research and what artefacts to obtain to give your troops that extra oomph.
- Simultaneous Co-op Gameplay allowing you to take turns and combine abilities at the same time.
- Unlock devastating source powers for your flying battleship, The Lady Vengeance, that will turn the tide of battle.
- Recruit unique veteran troops, but be careful: if you lose them in battle, they are gone for good.
- Optional objectives and challenges will push your tactical acumen to its limits.
We will have more news on Divinity: Fallen Heroes as playable builds of the game become available.