Some interesting behind the scenes footage of the making of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince.
Why don’t you have a gander at Modus Games’ new Indie Access video series showcasing Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince by developers Frozenbyte. The ‘making-of’ video goes through the evolution of the Trine series from a side project of a developer at Frozenbyte to becoming a massive hit for the studio.
Alongside new footage of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, Frozenbyte candidly reflects on development decisions they’ve made in their decade-long career and discusses how the studio has refocused itself, returning to its roots to improve on Trine 3, which was over-ambitious and somewhat of a disappointment to Trine fans.
Trine 4 is set to be the longest Trine game to date, boasting more gameplay than Trine 1 & 2. There will be a collectors edition of Trine 4 (Trine: Ultimate Collection) available at launch that will contain Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, and all previous Trine games – a great way to catch up on some great story lore.
Featuring an all-new story that reunites Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince returns to the magic of 2.5D with the puzzle-platforming gameplay that defined a genre in Trine 1 and 2. Play as the three iconic heroes in the most extensive Trine adventure yet, complete with stunning new environments and dynamic, physics-based puzzles that fans have grown to know and love.
Key Features of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince include:
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will be coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC this autumn.