You can’t spell Necromancer without Romance.
Now could be the time to raise that family you’ve always wanted – from the GRAVE! Daedalic Entertainment and development studio Unfrozen has announced the release date for Iratus: Lord of the Dead. Coming to PC (Steam) on July 24.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead is described as a rogue-like RPG where you play as the newly resurrected necromancer Iratus; on a bloody quest for vengeance against those who imprisoned him in his underground tomb.
As Iratus: the evil necromancer, you get to wield four different skill trees – Alchemy, Magic, Ire, and Destruction. These magics will enable you to create almost 100 different minion skills after you’ve unlocked them of course. Combat will also be turn-based, with your decisions having lasting effects, due to perma-death being a looming presence over your minions.
Some of the key features of Iratus: Lord of the Dead include:
- Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic enemies.
- Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies’ weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
- Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Craft your army from the body parts of dead enemies: Select from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
- Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire, and Destruction.
- Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
- Expand and improve your underground lair with necromantic powers. Detailed stylized 2D graphics evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
So, if raising the dead, and high-stakes RPG’s are your thing, then check out Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Steam from July 24.