Season 4 makes everything more pretty.
PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds is about to bazooka its way into Season 4 near the end of this month – July 24, for PC, with consoles receiving the update a little later in the summer. Along with the new season comes a massive overhaul to the visuals of the original PUBG map Erangel.
Erangel will feature new building styles, more realistic scenery and terrain, and some areas within the map will actually be completely different. However, you will have to leave the comfort of your little camping spot to view the changes, so be on the lookout for snipers trying to take advantage of you taking in the new scenery.
A new cinematic trailer also accompanies the build-up to season 4 but doesn’t highlight any of the new features that are coming. Luckily we’re here to tell you that along with more pretty pixels there are:
- New turntable and car radio features.
- Refinements to the ledge grab mechanic.
- New Survival Mastery progression system.
- The first-ever vehicle skin called the “Red Zoned” for the UAZ. (For purchasers of the Premium Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath)
- New Co-Op Missions feature.
Check out these before and after pictures that highlight just a few of the visual changes on the Erangel map.