New tactical RPG The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos will make your day… or was it Felicia’s day?
Developer Artefacts Studio and publisher Dear Villagers have today announced a new “Offbeat” tactical RPG The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos which is earmarked for summer 2020 release on PC/Steam. Accompanying this news is a little teaser video showing off some of the gameplay and environments. Check out the below video for a glimpse of what to expect in The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos.
Featuring the voice acting talents of Felicia Day (The Guild/Supernatural) The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk has a lot of voice acting in this turn-based tactical RPG with a flavour that induces charm and humour whilst you spend time in the Naheulbeuk world.
The Naheulbeuk universe is an original creation by French author John Lang. Starting life as an audio comedy series which parodied role-playing, tabletop games, and the usual heroic fantasy tropes. This time the world has been digitised into a tactical turn-based RPG which hopes to keep the humour and parody of its original roots.
Some of the features of The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos include the following:
- Explore a huge and surprising dungeon from the cave up to the luxury quarters of the evil lord Zangdar, passing through the goblin ice skating park and an extremely lively tavern!
- Play with seven classic role-playing game characters complementing each other’s skills as you level them up: the Ranger, the Elf, the Dwarf, the Barbarian, the Magician, the Ogre and the Thief!
- Exciting turn-based battles, with creative support mechanics between team members.
- An expansive bestiary (more than 100 enemies!) pushing you to think more tactically with every fight.
- Hidden and destructive objects (including beer kegs) with surprising status effects will turn the tide of battle for the better…or worse!
- An adaptive difficulty system: from an accessible and fun story mode with simplified combat to the “nightmare mode” where the smallest tactical errors will doom you!
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos will be available later this year on PC via Steam.