Square Enix announced their plans to release Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Lite Edition alongside Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered when the game launches on August 27th for Mobile devices, Nintendo Switch and PS4.
The Lite version is essentially a demo that will allow players to go through the first three dungeons in both single-player and online multiplayer with cross-play functionality.
Those who pick up the game on August 27th will be able to host multiplayer sessions with players using playing the demo. Saved data from the demo will also be carried over to the full game once purchased.
The developer/publisher also unveiled a bevvy of gameplay enhancements:
- Quick Chat: new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer: a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronise and combine their magical attacks to unleash their full power.
- UI Improvements: increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes: after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons exclusive to this version of the game will be available
- Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.