Bungie and Activision have released the second Destiny Expansion titled House of Wolves. The new add-on is now available for download on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. This expansion welcomes new activities with the introduction a brand-new competitive multiplayer event in the Crucible called Trials of Osiris, and a brand new co-op arena activity called the Prison of Elders.
â€œWe continue to be humbled by the Destiny community and remain fully committed to creating the best experience we can for the fansâ€, said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. â€œThat means weâ€™re listening every day to real-time feedback from the players. In the eight months since launch, weâ€™ve supported the game with 17 updates that we believe have grown and improved the universe. House of Wolves is no different. For example, weâ€™ve engineered a new upgrade path for your existing Exotic and Legendary gear, and weâ€™re revamping our PvP system with a new rewards system and new PvP event called Trials of Osiris. Weâ€™re excited to see the response.â€
Take a look at the expansion’s newest features:
- New Co-op Arena Activity set in the Prison of Elders will have teams of three players take on waves of increasingly difficult enemies to earn high-level legendary and exotic rewards.
- The Trials of Osiris is a brand new competitive multiplayer weekly 3v3 elimination event where power levels matter.
- New Loot and Customisations â€“ Earn new weapons, armour and gear, including Legendary, Exotic, Faction and Fallen-themed items.
- Raise your Light Level to 34, including the introduction of gear ascension to increase the maximum level of previously earned Legendary and Exotic weapons and armour.
- New missions and quests featuring Petra Venj of the Queensguard and Variks, a Fallen loyal to the Queen.
- Visit a brand new space in The Reef, set within the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, with new vendors offering unique rewards, new bounties and more.
- New Strike titled The Shadow Thief: Journey to the Moon and hunt down a notoriously cutthroat Fallen mercenary named Taniks.
- New Competitive Multiplayer Maps: Black Shield, Thievesâ€™ Den and Widowâ€™s Court.
- PlayStation players will also get access to a fourth (and exclusive) competitive multiplayer map, Timekeeper, which is set within a mysterious clockwork-like structure on Mars built by the Vex. This map is a timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015
House of Wolves can be purchased individually, or as part of the Expansion Pass, which includes both Expansion I and Expansion II, on PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One. Obviously, the Destiny game is required to play and sold separately.
As an added bonus for all players of the game, the competitive multiplayer maps from the first Expansion, The Dark Below, are now available for everyone.