The Halo World Championships was announced earlier this year at Gamescom, and this year’s is set to be the biggest in the franchise’s history, focusing on Arena multiplayer mode in Halo 5: Guardians. Luckily for you, GGS has all the biggest details, right here in one place:
- The prize pool is $1.7 million and growing fast! Initially announced as $1 million, it was announce that this had the potential to grow via crowd funding, thanks to the new Requisition system. With the generosity of the Halo community, this is now $1.7 million, and continues to increase daily.
- Thanks to a partnership with MLG, ESL and Gfinity, the Halo WC consists of both online and in person events across the globe: the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Greater Asia, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Key dates!
- Online Ladders begin December 6.
- December 19 2015 to January 31, 2016, Online QualifiersÂ and Regional In Person Live events.
- January 23 to February 21, Regional Finals acrossÂ North America, Europe, Latin America,Â Asia, Australia andÂ New Zealand.
- March 1 to March 20, Halo WC Prelims and Finals.
For anyone who wants to learn more or register, head on over to their website, and if you’re looking to watch the livestream, check out the Halo and Xbox Twitch channels